Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Back on Solid Ground

I'm Back! and I'm so glad to be mainly because flying isn't my favorite thing anyway and then to be at threat level Orange the whole time. yikes, but it actually wasn't to bad we didn't carry any liquids and took off our shoes so we (my Mom and I) got through security fairly quickly both ways. the trip it's self was both fun and not fun mostly fun though. we came in Friday night and went to our Hotel where we went and saw my Uncle Bill and Cousin Naja and Aunt Barb. My sister and Jason picked us up in thier rental car and we all went to see the relatives at the hotel. Naja was a bundle of energy climbing all over everyone that night (she's not shy) she's 3. on Saturday we went to Waffle House for breakfast and then over to see Grandpa for a bit and then off to the Ohio State Food Court errr.. State Fair which by the way is not a cool as the Minnesota State Fair ;) not a lot to it. it's a lot smaller than Minnesota's and there were just a lot of food and different food than we have here nothing looked that appealing though. (side note about Blogger I didn't realize this, but you can only post a certain amount of pictures on here I didn't realize this turns out I've already reached my limit :( so I'm gonna have to see what I can do about this) After the fair we went to a place called Uno's for dinner I had Shrimp Scampi that "was not good" no flavor it tasted like I was eating just butter and noodles yuck! Sunday we mostly just hung out at Grandpa's and the hotel we also took some family photos. Monday we took Ruth and Jason to the Airport and then hung out at Grandpa's again for a little bit and then My Mom, Uncle Bill, Cousin Naja, Aunt Barb and I went to the Columbus Zoo. it was pretty cool because my Uncle Bill used to work in Zoo's so he knows a lot of people in the industry so one of his friends there at the Columbus zoo let us go into the Koala exhibit (inside the cage) and see the Koalas and snap photos it was pretty cool not something the average person gets to do everyday. after that we went over to see the Lorikeets they had an exhibit where you could go into the enclosure with the birds and feed them a kind of sugar water thing. After that we just looked around the zoo and tried to avoid the rain that kept coming and going all day long, but inspite of the rain it was a cool trip to the zoo I hadn't been to the zoo in years so it was fun. After the Zoo we went back to Grandpa's for dinner, but everyone was a little bit on the crabby side (sorry) ,but we all got some food and Panera and everyone calmed down a bit. After hanging out at Grandpa's a bit more we went back to the hotel and packed for our trip home and said good bye to Barb, Bill and Naja. We got up at the ButtCrack of Dawn to get ready and leave for the Airport as I said the security wasn't bad there was kind of a line, but it didn't take to long to get through it though. Now I'm home and I am so happy to be on solid ground! I don't think I'll be flying for a while now until things calm down a bit with the Airports and all. Now that I'm home it's time to get back on the job search wish me luck!

No comments: