Sunday, August 26, 2012

Minnesota State Fair 2012

spent some time at the great Minnesota Get together the Minnesota State Fair! I love the fair so much. I should say I both Love and Hate the fair. I love the fair itself, but I hate the crowds, but the fun of the fair supersedes my hatred of crowds lol.
    Today was my second time at the fair  I spent some time there on Friday volunteering for Caringbridge.org at their booth Caringbridge is an amazing site that people suffering from illness/injuries it's a site they and their family members can use to keep up to date on the persons status. anyway it's great go check out their website.
     So Friday I did walk around a little bit and ended up getting a free bucket! from Home Depot kind of silly yes, but it's a really nice bucket that I intend to use for my fish tank cleaning needs (no pic of the bucket lol) Ever since I was a little kid I've always wanted to see how much free (crap) stuff I could get I'm not quite as ambitious about it as I used to be, but it's still fun to get stuff I mean who doesn't like free stuff. I'm just a little more picky now about the stuff I'll actually take home cause most of it was junk that was never used, but anyway I wanted to share a picture of my hall from this year from the two days at the fair.


As you can see I got a cook book (ok cook book wasn't really free it was for renewing my sams club membership ,but it was a fair special wouldn't have got that at the store and I was planning to renew anyway so anyway  a good deal regardless) I also got a yard stick which you know might come in handy some tooth paste which I will use a back scratcher some post its some greeting cards A hat (free from Ford for owning a ford) I don't own a ford, but my Dad who was with does and it was to small for his head. lets see what else a gripper/coaster from whole food I think that's about it maybe a couple things not picture which included a free 5 hour energy drink and a water bottle so anyway that's my junk er I mean good quality stuff I got free at the fair this year. I'm still going one more time with a friend so who knows what I'll find ;) next time.
  Wait did I have a point to this post umm no not really just wanted to post about my free junk I had a really fun day at the fair today with my family ate way to much delicious fair food and finished off the evening stopping at White Castle! (I know kind of odd after the fair, but it was the first day it was opened had to go lol)
  Until next time reader~

No comments: