Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 12: Thanks Fedex


So my question is why does fedex try to deliver packages that need to be signed for in the middle of the day I realize some people are home in the middle of the day, but most aren't come on deliver packages that need to be signed for at night come on!. I was watching the progress on fedex.com and I saw that it was out for delivery knowing I wouldn't be there to sign they attempted to deliver at 1:15PM no big deal I thought hey I can just go pick it up at the fedex location tonight nope it's not express it was sent ground so this means no pick up so I call fedex before I knew this and ask if they can hold the package so I can pick it up tonight. nope can't do it. The girl says the driver will try to deliver it again tomorrow. so I say you mean tomorrow at about the same time as today when no one is home. yep. then she says well we can "maybe" see if they can hold it for tomorrow or try to deliver it at a more convient time for you. so I ask her realizing it's probably a long shot, but worth a shot I say is there anyway the driver can try again tonight? you would have thought I was speaking Japanese because the girl just paused and didn't say anything for a few moments and then she repeated the original options. I was annoyed so I said ok well I'm going to have to call back later. so I waited until I got home and then called again when I got home got a different girl ask her my options and she says well we can maybe see if they can deliver it later tomorrow. "maybe" she says well I can send a message to the driver that you want it delivered tomorrow or thursday after five. I say we'll i'd prefer tomorrow please then she says you can put a note outside for the driver to tell him you'd like it delivered after five. seriously like a post it hey driver can you please turn around go back to your truck and come back after 5PM? hmm I guess. arghhh! how annoying how hard is it to just get a stupid package. sorry just needed to vent for a minute there.

1 comment:

NorCalMrs said...

What's in the package?