Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Cancelled

So I get up this morning at about 6:15AM I take a shower and get all ready to go to an unemployment class called Creative Job Search! Well the Creative part is Do it yourself. Be creative and think of a way to do a job search. I left the house to go to the class at about 7:55AM and I got to the place at 8:15AM I was a little Early since the class started at 8:30AM so I waited in my car for a little bit and listened to the radio. I go into the building at 8:20AM and go to the front desk and told them why I was there and the guy gets a look on his face like "Oh" "That Class was cancelled, we tried to call everyone sorry we missed you" I was polite and said oh ok. And he said all the materials are on the website. So great I could have just found the stuff on my own anyway. I was mad that I hadn't got a call since he said they "Tried" to call everyone. I went home and of course there was a message on the answering machine at 7:57AM "this is so and so from unemployment you're signed up for The Creative Job Search Class. That class has been Cancelled for today!" Great they called me a half an hour before the class Geesh! And I met a friend at Perkins last night to discuss a project we are working on and I didn't get home until midnight and didn't get to bed until close to 1:00AM ARGH! I could have slept in. ARGH! The only reason I signed up for the class was because at my Unemployment orientation the guy said it was such a fantastic class with really good information. Of course they only offer it twice a month so the next one is in 2 weeks I won't be going to it I'll just get the info off the net. Argh! Maybe the person that was going to lead the class is superstitious and didn't want to leave her house since today is 6-6-06 yikes! Oh well back to the job hunt from home I guess.

3 comments:

NorCalMrs said...

What project are you working on?

RaeRae said...

it's a big secret

NorCalMrs said...

Whatever! What is it?